Friday, May 31, 2019

New Books Coming, Older Book Updates, and Friday Feedback Summer 2019

Join the Friday Feedback facebook page. . .
or follow me at my YA blog @http://ghpolisner.blogspot.com/ for weekly posts
starting June 21!
It's been a while since I posted here . . . It's been a busy several months including bookwise, with two books in production for early 2020, an upper YA called JACK KEROUAC IS DEAD TO ME which many of you have been hearing about for a while now, and my debut middle grade, SEVEN CLUES TO HOME, co-written with friend and huge talent Nora Raleigh Baskin (I'm so excited!!!!!) but I wanted to share here that, although it will no longer be a part of Teachers Write, I do plan to continue to host FRIDAY FEEDBACK here this summer, as I did before TW even ever started.

What is Friday Feedback? It's a place to get some inspiration, a bit of feedback, and possibly, if I'm in the mood and you're willing, a "superspeed flash edit" that might be illustrative of how some tiny craft tweaks can often make our writing pop and shine even more. Sometimes there are awesome guest author hosts... everyone from Avi (!!!) to Kate Klise have hosted!


If you want to get an idea of how it works, READ THIS POST FROM 2014 then scroll through the comments, because the comments are pretty much where all the action happens. Participation is free, though I do ask that if you are regularly participating, you purchase at least one of my books, and the books of at least a few of my guest authors. πŸ’–

***It will begin on Friday June 21 and run through Friday August 16th if I got my dates right!***

Anyway, I've missed all my regular participants there, and I'm looking forward to seeing them as well as new ones! If you're on facebook, in addition to following the blog you can join the Friday Feedback page HERE.


In other news, I was quite honored to learn recently that THE MEMORY OF THINGS was the

winner of this year's GOLDEN ARCHER AWARD, Wisconsin's Children's Choice Award, Senior Division. While it has also won the Wisconsin State Reading Association Book Award which is awesome, the Golden Archer is even moreso, given that it is chosen by those I wrote it for, young adults -- who weren't even alive at this point when 9/11 happened!

As for IN SIGHT OF STARS, it is the official July selection of the MomAdvice Book Club . . . you do NOT have to be a mom to participate! I think the organizer chose it without reading it first, so I'm nervous and anxious awaiting to hear whether or not she liked it! 😳 I hope to participate in some sort of virtual Q&A in conjunction with that in July.

And, last but not least, if you are reading and are looking for your own summer book club selection, choose any one of my books for your bookclub of five or more, and I will happily skype in for a Q&A so long as we can make the date work! Just email me at g.polisner@gmail.com to make it happen!

That's a good deal, right??

Right. 

So, off you go to make those plans. 😁

In addition to my own artistic endeavors . . . NO, I can't help myself . . .  both my sons have been pursuing their singer/songwriter careers, each as they finish up school (both majoring in music, one double majoring in music/business). You can follow them on Instagram @samuelgraymusic and @holdenmiller and listen to their music here on Soundcloud (Sam) and here on Spotify, or wherever songs are streamed, respectively.

Hey, at least I'm not going on about how talented my dog and our citrus leatherback bearded dragon are!

(The dog is super talented! I swear!)

xox gae

4 comments:

  1. Friday Feedback was always my favorite part of TW (though I was mostly a lurker). Glad to see you're continuing it. Intrigued by the description of your book with NRB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Shannon. I look forward to this summer with all of you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mate, it is very well written article, thank you for the valuable and useful information. Keep up the good work! FYI, please check these depression, stress and anxiety related articles:

    Depression Cure

    What Causes Depression

    10 Things That Really Won’t Cure My Depression

    Depression Quotes

    Great Depression

    Depression Facts

    Depression in Hindi


    You can also contact me at depressioncure.net@gmail.com for link exchange, article exchange or for advertisement.

    Thanks

    Rubina

    ReplyDelete
  4. My ex-husband and I had always managed to stay friendly after our divorce in February 2017. But I always wanted to get back together with him, All it took was a visit to this spell casters website last December, because my dream was to start a new year with my husband, and live happily with him.. This spell caster requested a specific love spell for me and my husband, and I accepted it. And this powerful spell caster began to work his magic. And 48 hours after this spell caster worked for me, my husband called me back for us to be together again, and he was remorseful for all his wrong deeds. My spell is working because guess what: My “husband” is back and we are making preparations on how to go to court and withdraw our divorce papers ASAP. This is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you Dr Emu for your powerful spells. Words are not enough. here is his Email: emutemple@gmail.com or call/text him on his WhatsApp +2347012841542

    He is also able to cast spell like 1: Lottery 2: Conceive 3: Breakup 4: Divorce 5: Cure for all kinds of diseases and viruses.

    ReplyDelete