Wednesday, March 18, 2015

#TSOLG Paperback Palooza: Five Random Questions with Henry Clark

Author Henry Clark, digging for Summer... 
pssst... notwithstanding the official 3/31 "on sale" date, the TSOLG paperback seems to be available everywhere now... so please go buy your copy, tell two friends, etc.

To celebrate the paperback release of THE SUMMER OF LETTING GO on March 31st, I'm super excited to announce that I am hosting a reading and writing (!!) Author Palooza on April 29th at the Huntington Public Library.

Several other amazing kidlit, MG and young adult authors 
will be joining me for the fun and hands-on writers workshop, and I thought it would be nice to get to know them -- and me -- a little in the weeks leading up to the event. 

You may read all about the event HERE on the facebook event page, and even if you can't come to the event live, please join the event page and follow along in the fun.



So, on to the getting-to-know-them part of the festivities... 

I've asked the guest authors to share their favorite piece of writing advice (or quotes that have helped or inspired them) as well as to answer at least five random questions from a big list I provided. Many of their answers are quite entertaining! You'll see! 

So, over the next several weeks, I will share their answers (and may even chime in with my own answer to the occasional question in pink ...)




Up today, guest author and fellow Long Islander Henry Clark, author of WHAT WE FOUND IN THE SOFA AND HOW IT SAVED THE WORLD and the forthcoming 


You can read all about Henry HERE.  And you can watch his recent interview with Betsy Bird of Fuse 8 HERE!



Henry's favorite piece of writing advice: 

"Write what you want to read. If you're lucky, other readers will have similar tastes."


I love that, don't you?


Now on to Five Random Questions... (p.s. between you and me, I'm doubting any of Henry's answers are true...)


1. Do you have a nickname? 

No. (After Dr. Julius No, the villain in the eponymous James Bond thriller. It's an unfortunate nickname, in that it sometimes leads to confusion when people ask me if I have a nickname.)
  
              
2.  What's the cruelest/funniest thing you ever did to a sibling?

I'm an only child, so the sibling thing never came up. I did once, however, put an imaginary whoopee cushion on the chair of my imaginary friend. I had to make the farting noise myself, though, so it sort of backfired.


3. Worst did you want to be when you grew up?

A writer. Instead, I spent thirty years working for the Nassau County Department of Parks and Rec. This has severely hampered my other goal, to become a motivational speaker.


4. Grossest thing you ever ate?

Squid in its own ink. I later felt remorse, realizing I had probably eaten a cephalopod with literary ambitions.


5. ... one thing we might see on your bucket list?

Live forever.


So, there you have it. . . some advice and a few random things about author Henry Clark you still don't actually know. No? Hope you'll check out his books, and if you're anywhere local, you'll join us at the Huntington Public Library on April 19th for the reading, book signing and, if you're a tween or teen writer, the hands-on writers workshop with all these fabulous authors! 

Registration begins April 6th! 

And don't forget to grab your copy of THE SUMMER OF LETTING GO

xox gae

No comments:

Post a Comment