Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

OOOH, who is the lucky winner?


Okay, fine, paperback novel, whatever.

So, the other day, HERE, I ran a quickie contest to celebrate the joy of my paperback release, wherein I told you that the paperback edition of The Pull of Gravity has an author Q&A in the back, and I asked you to guess my answer to these questions from that section:


"Do you have any strange or funny habits? Did you as a kid?" 

I received a lot of fun answers -- um, thank you, I think?! -- but none of them exactly right. *winces*

It was a little hard to choose which answer came closest. *rolls eyes* 

I decided to go with the answer provided by:


drumroll:


Kandice!

Since hers and mine both have something to do with going to the bathroom. *coughs*

Kandice's answer: "You couldn't help yourself, while at slumber parties, from dipping your sleeping friends' hands in warm water, then giggling like an idiot until someone woke up, discovered a *cough* mess, then you pretended to be asleep and feigned complete and righteous innocence?" 

My answer:



Yes, that is the best I could do. I hope it's okay with all of you. :) 

So, if you want to read the rest of the Q&A, you'll have to pick up a snazzy new copy of The Pull of Gravity, NOW out in paperback, at your favorite online or, better yet, brick & mortar bookseller. 

But, don't just buy it for the Q&A, I think it's a pretty good story.

Oh, and if you read it already and liked it, please tell a friend or two about it. 

The Pull of Gravity, Bank Street Best Fiction,
Nerdy Award Best Fiction, Pennsylvania School Library Top Forty.


xox to all!

gae

p.s. don't forget that if you're local, I'm giving a free writers workshop followed by music and cake at the Huntington Public Library! Registration Required (Ages 11+) this Sunday, February 10th, at 2pm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment