Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday Shadowing on I-94 - Part 2

Colby Sharp & Jen Vincent pretending to fight over my book.
So, last Sunday, I told you about these two awesome teachers, Jen and Colby, who are doing a February series on The Pull of Gravity.

You can meet Jen and Colby, and read an introduction to the series, here.

Last week Jen and Colby discussed Nick's relationship with the Scoot and the general themes of friendship. Links to that discussion on each of their sites, can be found in the introduction.


This week they talk about Nick and Jaycee.

And, while Jen, of Teach Mentor Texts somehow manages to make comparisons to how she felt when she read Romeo & Juliet (!):

"It was just as fun to read about their relationship developing as when I read Romeo and Juliet, maybe even moreso..."

Colby, of Sharpread, brings comparisons closer to home:

"I think at Nick and Jaycee’s relationship was my favorite part of the book. Nick reminded me a lot of myself in high school. Believe it or not, I was not exactly a ladies’ man in high school."

Oh, I've seen you jumping up and down about Babymouse, Colby, so that is totally impossible to believe. ;)

Anyway, it's been such an honor to have Jen and Colby discussing my book every Sunday (so, thanks guys!), and next Sunday is a real treat. Because yesterday, I joined in on the chat in Google Docs for over an hour -- on the extremely heated subject of Nick's dad.

And, let's just say that Jen had strong feelings on the subject, and happily, she didn't mince words. ;)

Colby, however, may have deleted a few of them.

Stay tuned next Sunday, as Colby and Jen read on I-94.

-gae

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all the love, Gae! It is such an amazing experience to be able to talk with Colby about your book and even more exciting to be able to talk to you about it, too. I hope I don't seem like a heartless "meany". It's easy to be opinionated when it comes to characters.

    I wish we could come out and go for a swim with you, it looks like you are having a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete