1. I have been mounting things (*coughs* -- er, with glue sticks on poster board) all morning;
2. I have been driving Matt Blackstone (A SCARY SCENE IN A SCARY MOVIE), Michael Northrop (TRAPPED), Lena Roy (EDGES), Arlaina Tibensky (AND THEN THINGS FALL APART), Christopher Grant (TEENIE) and Nova Ren Suma (IMAGINARY GIRLS) crazy with emails for weeks;
3. there will be music and cupcakes and cupcakes (and cupcakes!);
4. to see what the girls finally decide on to wear (more emails on that one to follow, I'm sure! And, no, not the boys -- I mean, Michael Northrop once wore a Polar Bear costume to a reading, what does he care?!?!)) and
5. Because I HAVE A DINGY BELL and am not afraid to use it.
(yes, yes, go ahead and think all the "dingy" jokes about me that you must. . . )
But know that I WILL "DING OUT" any author who reads more than ONE MINUTE THIRTY SECONDS at a pop! :) You heard me, my finger is just itching to ding.
6. Also, because if you put SEVEN teen authors in one room at any given time, at some point they will become punchy and hilarity is sure to ensue.
Please join us! Bring your friends. It will be NO fun without you!
TEEN EVENT. THE DOLPHIN BOOKSHOP, Pt. Washington, NY. THIS FRIDAY. 10/14 at 5:30 - 9:00 pm.
Come early. Come late. Stay short. Stay long. We want to see you there!
|The foot at 12:00 is mine. No reason.|