Monday, May 6, 2013

Day Next, Second Anniversary Highlights - Pie-in-the-Sky Movie Stuff


This is my book.

I remember when I saw the hardbound cover for the first time, I thought:

Wow, it looks like a movie poster.

(Of course, I also thought, Why is Justin Bieber on my book cover? And, Why does "Nick" have braces?!? And, Why isn't there a troll doll on my book cover?!? but those thoughts aren't important right now. . .)

Little did I dream at that time that someone would ask me for movie rights to my little story. But, alas, they did. They have. They are. Working on a movie, that is.

I've not talked much about it here or there or anywhere, mostly because anyone who has ever been through a book-to-movie deal knows that it is VERY pie-in-the-sky to get from option to actual film. A LOT has to happen to get there. And it could take years.

Still, it is one of the coolest things to ever happen to me and I have faith in the guys who are working hard to make it happen. They love my little book and are trying to stay close to the original story while giving it big-screen appeal.

The first page.


We shall see. We shall see. . .

But, yes indeed, a highlight!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm excited for the movie too, on many levels. I have to say that meeting was the moment things in our life changed. Not only because of TPoG, but because you have been, and still are so supportive of my family.
    I can't thank you enough for that. :)

    ReplyDelete