Sunday, April 28, 2013

Day Four, Second Anniversary Highlights: THE PULL OF GRAVITY

The kids from Jennings Middle School. One of my favorite classrooms 
to Skype into run by the devoted and contagiously-enthusiastic Kay McGriff.
Reading her kids' blog posts about my book has been a true highlight of these two years.



Through May 11, the second anniversary of the release of THE PULL OF GRAVITY, I'm celebrating two years in print!

Scroll down through the first three Second-Anniversary posts to see more highlights and rules for the giveaway of a signed ARC of my next YA, THE SUMMER OF LETTING GO, due spring 2014 from Algonquin Young Readers.

So, here are today's highlights, including that awesome classroom up there!

Backtracking a bit, I cannot explain what a ginormous honor it is to see these kind of blurbs from this caliber of authors, each and every one of whom I have read and admire deeply:

only a few fit on the paperback cover, but all of them are below!

Don't know how I'm going to come close to this for my next book.
Chris, Mary, KL, Francisco, Lynne Rae? Do you hear me?!?! 
and, come on, this review: "If one of John Green's books had a baby it would be this book."

Not enough words in the world, indeed. Thanks, Anna.

more tomorrow!

xox gae



2 comments:

  1. I didn't have time to share this with my students today (too much stress in the building with statewide testing and computer problems), but I know they will be excited! When I showed my daughter, she wanted to know how many weeks I'd be skipping around the house over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo, statewide testing. :( Yay, skipping around the house!

    ReplyDelete