Not so much with people (thank goodness... i am a pretty loyal soul) but with things. Objects. Books. Art. Music. Entertainment. Clothing. Oh, lord, clothing. What was I thinking when I bought that last year?!
My tastes can change from moment to moment; what appealed to me so much last winter, this winter not so much.
So instead of doing any sort of year end list of new things I love, I thought I'd just do a top ten list of totally random things I constantly love. Never get sick of. Find myself craving, day after week, after year. . .
Why? No reason. It just occurred to me as I was updating my private facebook page* with the photo you see above and a wonderful cover photo that I illegally lifted, but totally credited to, the stupendous Maira Kalman:
![]() |
| Maira Kalman: New York, Grand Central Station, 1999 |
By love I mean, covet.
As in, wish I could be her.
Wish I had written her books.
Wish I could spend many hours of every day reading her books.
Wish I could... well, you get the gist.
![]() |
| Maira Kalman: What Pete Ate From A - Z we read this so many times aloud. . . |
So, Maira Kalman is #1 of Things I Don't Get Sick of (TiDGSo);
While we're at it, #2: birds. Birds and Botanicals. Botanical, aviary-type birds. And their cages. I love pretty bird cages, too.
Like the birds I put on my photo up there. Or, say, these (notice the botanicals on my chairs and table! I never get sick of my table. You should see how pretty my table is... if you bug me to, I'll go take a photo...):
![]() |
| yep, see, birds. . . |
![]() |
| Oh, don't fail me, YMI jeans... |
Need I say more about that?
And, while we're stating the obvious #5 Water in general,
and open water swimming... in particular. . .
![]() |
| photo credit: Carol Moore |
#6 Cherry blossoms...
And, some more obvious, but, oh, so true:
#7 Listening to Sam play guitar:
or, #8 watching Holden play basketball:
![]() |
| photo: courtesy Rick Kopstein |
#9. This store, Heartichoke, in Northport, NY... (ah, the baubles and trinkets... even lots of birds and botanicals ;))
and,
come on, guys, the number one
(or, um, #10)
totally random (shiny) thing I (almost) never get sick of... even when I wish that I would?
facebook!
![]() |
| oh, how you distract me with your blue and white hypnosis. . . |
Hope you're all having wonderful holidays. See you for some resolutions or wishes in the New Year.
xox gae
* if you are a lovely, wonderful YA reader and want to follow me on fb, please follow me HERE and not there. :)



.jpg)
.jpg)





I am curious to find out what blog platform you are utilizing?
ReplyDeleteI'm having some small security issues with my latest blog and I would like to find something more safe. Do you have any solutions?
http://www.theycalleditpuppylove.com/videos/read_blog/12624/learning-how-to-get-hold-of-instagram-followers-and-instagram-observations-currently
Also visit my page :: limericks