Monday, September 5, 2011

End o' Summer Blues

that's me on the right, hanging at the buoy before the return trip
Yikes. It's been more than a month since I posted?!

I have excuses, but I can't be bothered with them. They're the usual lightweight fare. Plus, one puppy fiasco, and one tropical storm that took our power out for a long, dark, internet-less five days. ;)

Suffice it to say, you haven't missed much. The past four weeks have, indeed, been the dog days of summer. Not good, not bad, just there. Plus, swimming (which is bliss). Well, plus the puppy fiasco. But don't get me started crying again.

So, yeah, am blue anyway about summer ending, but a little relieved at the thought of a schedule, of getting my revisions FINISHED on Frankie Sky. And excited to see what my new shiny agent can do with it. (Yes, I promise you he's very shiny). Also, excited for some fun book events coming up soon -- four between now and mid-October so far. I'll get the schedule up in the sidebar today! Oh, and a second school has picked up The Pull of Gravity as a "choice" book in their freshman classes. Pretty. Darn. Cool.

And it was nominated for a YALSA Reader's Choice award here:

http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/divs/yalsa/booklistsawards/readerschoice/rcnominations.cfm.

So, some good stuff all in all. But the end of summer means my open water swimming days are waning, speaking of which, I'm running off to one now!

Happy Labor Day, all. And happy Back to School for those of you returning.

- gae

No comments:

Post a Comment